Equine Facilitated Learning at Athena is a supported by our herd of 16 free living horses. This creates a unique learning experience, whether on the track, in the 100 foot barn or our outdoor arena.
Our herd responds instinctively to human energy, behaviour and intention. Horses have a heightened sensitivity to the surrounding environment, and the state of those around them. The horse’s reaction is a silent, honest and dispassionate response to how we show up.
Being herd animals horses are intuitively connected to non verbal communications of those around them. Horses are honest and unconditional in their reactions and responses. Horses can act as a living mirror, they do not have agendas nor do they intentionally mislead. And if we change, they will change with us.
At Athena we provide a wide range of personal coaching, learning and therapeutic opportunities.
Who do we work with:
- private individuals and groups
- community and charitable groups
- other learning organisations such as schools and colleges
- vulnerable and sensitive social groups
- those seeking alternative learning and therapeutic interactions
What do we offer:
- equine facilitated personal development and psychotherapy
- interactive sessions with or without horses, as well as other nature based therapeutic activities
- mindfulness and meditative based sessions and programmes
- emotional and mental health awareness sessions
- reiki healing
We offer a range of provisions, from one hour to full day sessions as well as multiple day retreat opportunities. Contact us for more information.